Kempsey Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Kempsey Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing kempsey.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Kempsey for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Kempsey?
Kempsey Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Kempsey
Kempsey is a town in New South Wales, Australia, that is steeped in history and culture. Visitors to the area will find a variety of galleries, museums and historical venues to explore, each offering unique insights into the town's past and present. In this article, we will categorise, list, and describe each site, including location details.
1. Kempsey Art Gallery: Located on Elbow Street, Kempsey Art Gallery is a vibrant cultural hub that showcases the works of local and regional artists. The gallery features a diverse range of exhibitions and events throughout the year, including the annual Kemspey Art Prize.
2. Bellbrook Studio: A pottery and art studio situated on Hat Head Road in Bellbrook, around a 30-minute drive from Kempsey, Bellbrook Studio offers visitors the chance to see and purchase ceramics, glass products, paintings and more produced by local artists.
3. Blank Space Gallery: Located on Smith Street, Kempsey, Blank Space Gallery is a contemporary art space that hosts a variety of exhibitions and events, with a focus on showcasing the works of emerging artists and creatives.
1. Kempsey Museum: Located on Sea Street, Kempsey Museum is a fascinating place to explore the history of the town and the surrounding area. The museum is housed in the old Council Chambers and features a range of exhibits, including indigenous artefacts, historical photographs, memorabilia and more.
2. Wigay Aboriginal Cultural Park: Discover the rich cultural heritage of the area's indigenous people at Wigay Aboriginal Cultural Park, situated on Livingstone Road, Kempsey. The venue is home to a range of artefacts, including weapons, tools, and ceremonial objects, with events regularly staged throughout the year.
3. Slim Dusty Centre: Pay homage to one of Australia's most beloved country music stars at the Slim Dusty Centre in South Kempsey. The venue features exhibitions, interactive displays and much more, all dedicated to the life and career of Slim Dusty.
1. Trial Bay Gaol: Located just over an hour's drive from Kempsey, Trial Bay Gaol is a unique historical venue, rich in both natural beauty and fascinating history. The gaol was built in the late 1800s and was used as an internment camp during the First World War. Today, visitors can explore the ruins, learn about the lives of those who were interned and admire the stunning coastal views.
2. Gladstone Hall: Located in the picturesque village of Gladstone, around a 20-minute drive from Kempsey, Gladstone Hall is a beautifully restored historical venue. The hall dates back to the 1920s and regularly hosts community events, including markets, concerts and more.
3. The Willawarrin Hotel: Originally built in 1912, The Willawarrin Hotel is a fascinating historical venue, situated 50 km west of Kempsey. The hotel has retained much of its original character and features a range of memorabilia that adds to its charm.
Kempsey is a town rich in history and culture, and visitors to the area are sure to find plenty to explore. From art galleries and museums to unique historical venues, the town offers something to suit all tastes and interests. Whether you're keen to delve into the past, discover local artistry or simply soak up the natural beauty of the area, there's something for everyone.
Kempsey Galleries and Museums Articles